27 January 2016

Peace be upon you

(for JoeySixPack and anyone else who could use the assurance…)

I might have believed this would go without saying and yet it does not, apparently. (How has it come to this?) So lest there be any misunderstanding between us, let me say for now and all time:

I do not wish to take your life. I do not secretly wish for any harm to come to you nor is anyone – to the best of my admittedly limited knowledge – biding their time, lying in shadows with scimitar in hand for you.

On the contrary, I wish you a long and happy life, full to brimming with unexpected flavors and stimulating scents. And when the end of your days finally arrives – decades from now, in a manner having nothing to do with me – I pray that you are encircled with loved ones and flowers and whisked away to the afterlife of your choosing for all eternity.

I do hope this clarifies any theological ambiguity in my words up until now.

(Assalamu alaikum…)

Aydin Büyüktaş, "Flatland"


No comments:

Post a Comment