26 November 2016

Times of migraines

My feet do not always listen to what I have to tell them. In times of migraines, for instance, it’s as though these feet have a mind of their own and yet my mind for its part lacks feet and this soon becomes a problem.

Mostly they seem to want to walk me into a closet.

Into the dark.

And so we have been hiding, my feet and I, for a week now, maybe more – without writing, without keeping in touch, you might have noticed, I don’t really know – but it is not helping. The migraines know I’m here.

---
“They flee the light; the darkness soothes their disease; nor can they bear readily to look upon or hear anything pleasant… The patients are weary of life and wish to die.”
– Arataeus (1st century Greek physician), “Heterocrania”
---

No comments:

Post a Comment